Book Review | Red queen by Victoria Aveyard (spoiler free)

Hello,

   Red queen by Victoria Aveyard a thrilling, action pact, amazing, shocking book. Today I will be doing my spoiler free review on Red queen by Victoria Aveyard so if you haven't read this book then here is the post for you and if you have there will be a spoiler post up soon but lets get in to this.

Tittle: Red queen

Author: Victoria Aveyard

Format: Hard cover

Publisher: Harper Teen

Pages:387

Genre: young adult fantasy, Science fiction

Date Read: Jan 10- Jan 20 2016

Star Rating: 4 out of 5

Good Reads Synopses: The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change.

That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.

Fearful of Mare’s potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime.

But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance – Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart.  


"I'm finally learning my lesson and anyone can betray anyone"


   Red queen has been very popular in the book community and after reading this book I see why.  This book has gotten a lot of mixed reviews but I have to say I really did enjoy this book.  I started Red queen quite awhile ago but when I was reading it I had been reading a lot of dystopia so I hit a dystopia burn out I just could not continue reading this book but after reading other books for awhile I pick this book back up again I end up speeding through it and really enjoying it.

  One word that has been embedded in to this book is betrayal and it was hidden in this book so well I didn't even see it coming and when It happened it blow my mind and I couldn't believe it.  It was just written so well.

"Rise, red as the dawn"

  When you hear about a book with a girl and two prince you most likely think love triangle and romance but not in this book, yes there is some romance and a love triangle but that really didn't bother me because its not this big part of this book it really takes a step back and lets the awesome story shine through.

"Red in the head, silver in the heart."

   I found most of the characters like able of course there was a few characters that I hated but most of the main characters I loved how relatable they where they all had flaws and they all showed them they weren't just mentioned once and then never again.  I just like them all.

"I'm a red girl in a sea of silvers and I can't afford to feel sorry for anyone, least of all a son of a snake"

  A lot of people say that this book is unoriginal but I don't think that I can see where you can compare it to other books but I found it not like any other book I have read and it was amazing.  The one thing I some what didn't like was how this book read more like a movie then a book but I still liked it.

"To scared to fight poor little lightening girl"

  The world is a little bit confusing it seems like its in the future but it also has a old time feeling to it. They have stuff we would have in the future and then there's stuff we had in the past so it was just a little confusing.  The war she doesn't really give a lot of detail about it and I wish she did.

"The power is in me and I don't want to let it go. It feels better then pain."

  The last thing I want to talk about and that is the cover, Oh my gosh this cover is beautiful lets be honest one of the main reasons I bought this book was for the cover I just love it.  The crown that is dripping with blood is amazing and whats on the back is amazing.

In school, we learned about the world before ours, about the angels and gods that lived in the sky, ruling the earth with kind and loving hands. Some say those are just stories, but I don't believe that. The gods rule us still. They have came down from the stars. And they are no longer kind.

  Oh my gosh doesn't that make you want to read that Its just amazing.

 Thank you all for reading if you have read this book and you want to here my spoiler thoughts on this just hold on there will be a spoiler post will be up soon. I hope this inspired you to pick up this book I promise you won't regret it and comment down below what you thought of the book with out spoilers. I will talk to you all soon.

Bye Shaylee,


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back!